Annulment Attorney in Dallas
Experienced Legal Guidance Throughout the Annulment Process in TX
For some, the dissolution of a marriage doesn’t have to be divorce. Divorce isn’t for everyone. Annulment is different from divorce in that it does more than dissolve a marriage. An annulment voids the marriage as if it never occurred. In Texas, there are specific situations where you may be able to end a marriage through annulment.
When You Can Seek Annulment in Texas
Just because you want an annulment does not mean that it is a realistic option. In Texas, courts grant annulments only when specific conditions are met.
- One of the parties was under the age of 14 when the marriage occurred.
- One of the parties was under the influence of drugs or alcohol when the marriage occurred.
- One of the parties lacked mental capacity when the marriage occurred.
- One of the parties was impotent, unbeknownst to the other party at the time of the marriage.
- One of the parties entered into the marriage based on fraud or duress.
- One of the parties concealed that he or she obtained a divorce within 30 days prior to the marriage.
- The parties were married within 72 hours of obtaining a marriage license.
Is a Texas Annulment Right for Me?
Each situation requires the existence of additional facts to allow an annulment. If a marriage ends through an annulment, neither party is entitled spousal maintenance or the division of a marital estate. However, if you and your spouse have children, you still have parental rights and responsibilities, and there may be property-related issues to resolve.
The Dallas annulment lawyers at Verner Brumley Mueller Parker PC provide focused, results-oriented legal representation to clients seeking an annulment. Our complete understanding of Texas law and our decades of family law experience put us in a strong position to advise you during one of life’s most challenging times.
We will discuss all your options and determine what works best for you. Schedule your consultation by calling (214) 225-6766 or filling out our online form today.