Jim Mueller is the owner and managing partner of Verner Brumley Mueller Parker, PC. He is board certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and International Academy of Family Lawyers, and author of the book, Divorce in Texas: The Legal Process, Your Rights, and What to Expect.
Jim is a Diplomat of the prestigious American College of Family Trial Lawyers, a select group of 100 of the top family law trial lawyers from across the United States
His practice focuses primarily on complex divorce matters, high-asset property division, custody battles, and marital property agreements. He is also court appointed as an amicus attorney.
Jim serves on the Executive Committees of the Texas Family Law Council, the TAFLS Board, the TX AAML Chapter, and the National AAML. He has chaired numerous CLEs across the country and regularly speaks to family law attorneys around the world. Jim is now serving Texas as one of the limited AAML Certified Arbitrators
Jim enjoys helping his clients achieve their goals and also serving his fellow colleagues to promote the practice and quality of Family Law throughout the state of Texas. Jim received his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Rhodes College and graduated cum laude from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University.
To schedule a consultation with our Dallas Family Lawyer, Jim Mueller, call Verner Brumley Mueller Parker at 214-225-6766.
- Verner Brumley Mueller Parker PC | Owner and Managing Partner, August 2014 – Present
- VernerBrumley, PC | Partner, July 2012 – December 2013; Managing Partner, December 2013 – August 2014
- Goranson Bain PLLC | October 2008 – June 2012
- David, Goodman & Madole, P.C. | January 2008 – September 2008
- Underwood, Perkins & Ralston, P.C. | Spring 2005 – December 2007
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- Limited AAML Certified Arbitrators
- Member, Executive Committee for Texas AAML Chapter
- Member, Executive Committee for the National AAML Organization
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Chair of the Newsletter & Social Media Committee and member of ExCom)
- Fellow, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists (Board Member beginning 2016)
- Member, Family Law Council, State Bar of Texas (Chair of the Section Booth and Publications Committeees)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Family Law Advisory Commission Member for TAFLS (2016-Present)
- Member, Texas State Bar Family Law Section
- Member, Texas Family Law Foundation
- Member, Texas State Bar Family Law Section Legislative Committee
- Member, Texas Family Law Foundation Bill Review Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 – Present
- Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly, 2014 – Present, Top 100 in Texas and Top 100 in DFW (2018 – Present)
- D Magazine’s Best Lawyers (2018 – Present)
- D Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 (2018 – Present)
- Park Cities People, Top 20 Under 40
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Inc., Top 10 Family Lawyers under 40 in Texas
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers, 2014 – Present
- President of The National Advocates: Top 40 Under 40
- The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Under 40, 2014 - Present
- 10.0 Rating, Superb, Avvo
- Rising Star, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2011 and 2012
- Member, Annette Stewart Inn of Court
- Member, Collaborative Family Solutions
- Director, Collin County Young Lawyers Association
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Master Mason, Zavala Lodge 1059 AF and AM
- Member, Phi Delta Phi
- Member, ACFTL
- VP of the AAML
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter of “Effectively Managing Your Law Practice in a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment” with Steve Mindel of CA, AAML Webinar, March 2020.
- Course Director at TAFLS Trial Institute, Annapolis, MD 2020.
- Presenter at Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association – Advanced on a Shoestring 2019, “Practical Persuasion: How to Tell a Judge They Are Wrong.”
- Author and Presenter at Advanced Family Law 2019, “Interim Attorney’s Fees: Enhancing Your Prospects.”
- Author and Presenter at Marriage Dissolution 2019, “Representing the Accused.”
- Author and Presenter at Advanced Trial Skills for Family Lawyers, “Contempt – Know the Facts or Pay the Price”, New Orleans, LA 2018.
- Author and Presenter at Advanced Family Law 2018, “Conveying Tedious Information to the Trial Court with a Smile, Including Tracing, Tax and Characterization” with Honorable Judge Dean Rucker.
- Contributor for “Collecting Attorneys Fees” at Marriage Dissolution 101, 2018.
- Author and Presenter at Advanced Family Law Drafting 2017, “Marital Property Agreements.”
- Author and Presenter at Advanced Family Law 2017, “Contempt Demonstration.”
- Author and Presenter at Marriage Dissolution 2017, “Interim Attorney’s Fees: Show Me The Money!” with Hon. Scott Beauchamp and Dwayne Smith.
- “Weekley Homes (with demo)”, co-presenter with Greg Beane, Hon. Scott Beauchamp, and Grace Rubio, Family Law Technology Course, December 8, 2016, Austin, Texas.
- “Weekley Homes (with demo)”, co-presenter with Greg Beane, Hon. Scott Beauchamp, and Grace Rubio, Dallas Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, February 24, 2017, Dallas, Texas.
- Author and Presenter at Advanced Family Law 2016, “Chapter 9, Post-Decree Proceedings.”
- Author and Presenter, “The Family Limited Partnership: An Overview,” Midland Odessa Business & Estate Council (MOBEC), Midland, TX, May, 2016.
- Co-Author and Presenter at TAFLS Trial Institute 2016, Charleston, SC.
- Author and Presenter, “The Family Limited Partnership: Its Benefits and Pitfalls,” CPE Expo 2015, Houston, San Antonio & Arlington.
- Co-Author and Presenter, “Alchemy for Family Law: Tips to Increase Your Bottom Line,” Extreme Family Law Makeover XIII: Keep in Touch with Your Ex, San Antonio 2015.
- Author and Presenter, “What Every CPA Should Know About Divorce,” CPE Expo 2014, Houston, San Antonio & Arlington.
- Presenter, “UCCJEA and UIFSA: Alphabet Soup Revisited,” Tyler, TX Family Law Section Nuts & Bolts.
- Author and Presenter, “Client Preparation,” Marriage Dissolution 101, State Bar of Texas 2014
- Co-Author and Presenter, “What Business Owners Need to Know About Divorce,” Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, April 2013, Midland Bar Association 2013.
- Author, “Preparing to Negotiate,” Collaborative Law Court, Spring 2011
- Author & Presenter, “Temporary Ex Parte Protective Orders: An Overview,” various family law associations.
- Presenter, “Cohabitation Contracts,” University of Texas Family Law on the Front Lines Course, San Antonio, 2009
- Author of “Divorce in Texas: The Legal Process, Your Rights, and What to Expect” published in 2018 by Addicus Books, Inc.