Shane joined Verner Brumley in 2018 when he began serving as a family law clerk to partners Jim Mueller and Rob McAngus. In 2023, Shane was selected as Best Lawyer Under 40 by Dallas Magazine.
Shane graduated from Texas A&M University with a bachelor’s degree in economics before he began law school at the Texas A&M University School of Law. Throughout his time in law school, Shane was a senior member of the Texas A&M Mock Trial team, where he competed in national trial competitions in places such as Chicago, San Diego, Houston, and Fort Worth. Shane was also a senior staff member of the Texas A&M Law Review, where he was published multiple times in areas of constitutional law.
Shane’s interest in family law started when he was the First Chair of the Texas A&M School of Law Family & Veterans Advocacy Clinic. While in law school, Shane provided legal representation for people who had family law issues but did not have access to an attorney.
Since joining Verner Brumley, Shane has made a significant impact on his clients both within and outside the courtroom. Shane has devoted his entire practice to family law, where he has become known for his results in complex divorces and high-conflict child custody cases.
- Author, “Murphy v. NCAA: The Constitutionality of State-Authorized Sports Gambling,” Arguendo, Texas A&M Law Review, Fall 2018.
- Author, “Peffer v. Stephens: Probable Cause, Searches and Seizures Within the Home, and Why Using Technology Should Not Open Your Front Door,” Texas A&M Law Review, Volume 7, Issue 3, Spring 2020.
- Co-Author, “Business Entities,” Family Law 101, State Bar of Texas, San Antonio 2018.
- Co-Author, “Complications with Trying Modifications,” Advanced Trial Skills for Family Lawyers, State Bar of Texas, New Orleans 2018.
- Co-Author, “UCCJEA, UIFSA, and UPA Made Easy: UIFSA,” 45th Annual Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, San Antonio 2019.
- Co-Author, “The Twilight Zone: Firm Structure and Organization,” Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, Austin 2021
- Co-Author, “Paring Down the Summary for the Judge and Jury,” Advanced Trial Skills for Family Lawyers, State Bar of Texas, New Orleans 2022