Rob is a partner at Verner Brumley Mueller Parker, P.C. He is board certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Rob’s practice is devoted primarily to complex and high-conflict divorce matters, high-asset property division, custody cases, and marital property agreements. He is also court appointed as an amicus attorney. Rob also works in the area of special education law.
Rob serves on the Advisory Board for the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, the Texas Family Law Foundation Board, and the Christian Legal Society Board. Rob is the chair of the Texas Family Law Foundation Legislative Committee and works on ensuring that every bill filed with the Texas legislature related to family law is reviewed from a family law perspective. Rob regularly speaks to family law attorneys around the state and the country. Rob hopes to help and improve the lives of those in need during such a difficult time. As both an adopted child and a member of a blended family, Rob can provide a unique perspective on the practice of family law.
Rob received his bachelor’s degree cum laude and master’s degree from Baylor University and graduated cum laude from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University.
To schedule a consultation with Rob McAngus, call Verner Brumley Mueller Parker at 214-225-6766.
- Verner Brumley Mueller Parker PC; Partner, August 2019 – Present
- Verner Brumley Mueller Parker PC; Associate Attorney, January 2018 – July 2019
- Williamson Law Firm, PLLC; Associate Attorney, March 2014 – December 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional Associations & Recognitions
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Member, Texas Family Law Foundation (Board Member beginning 2021, Chair of Bill Review Committee, member of Nomination Committee)
- Member, Texas Family Law Council Law & Policy Committee
- Member, Texas Board of Legal Specialization Family Law Advisory Commission
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Texas State Bar Family Law Section
- Member, American State Bar Family Law Section
- Member, Texas State Bar College
- Member, Rockwall County Bar Association
- Member, Dallas County Bar Association
- Board Member, Dallas County Family Law Bar Association (2017 – 2021)
- Board Member, Christian Legal Society (2020 – Present)
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class, 2013
- Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly (2022 – Present)
- Rising Star, Top Up and Coming 100, Texas Monthly Magazine (2021 – 2022)
- Rising Star, Texas Monthly Magazine (2016 – 2022)
- Best Lawyers (2021 – Present)
- The National Advocates Top 40 Under 40 (2018)
- The National Advocates Top 100 (2021)
- 10.0 Rating, Superb, Avvo
Articles and Presentations
- Author and Speaker, “You Don't See that Every Day: Unique Claims and Pleadings,” Advanced Family Law 2022.
- Author and Speaker, “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: The Direct and Cross of a Custody Evaluator,” AFCC 59th Annual Conference 2022, Chicago, Illinois.
- Author and Speaker, “Preparing for Mediation,” Advanced Family Law 2021.
- Speaker, “Evidence”, FLES 2021, Laredo
- Author and Speaker, “Pleading Your Case,” Handling Your First (or Next) Divorce Case 2021.
- Speaker, “Preparing the Difficult Client to Testify,” Advanced Trial Skills for Family Lawyers 2020.
- Speaker, “Family Law Best Practices,” SMU Dedman School of Law Family Law Class, November 17, 2020.
- Author, “COVID-19’s Impact on Children in Special Education,” Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, September 2020
- Speaker, “Family Law Best Practices,” SMU Dedman School of Law Family Law Class, June 2020.
- Speaker, TAFLS Trial Institute 2020, Annapolis, Maryland.
- Author, “Common Issues When Family Law and Special Needs Intersect,” Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, September 2019
- Author and Speaker, “Preparing for the Board Certification Exam,” Advanced Family Law 2019.
- Speaker, “OMG So Mad at the Ex: Dealing with Social Media and Your Divorce,” FLES 2019, McAllen.
- Speaker, “Protective Orders & Understanding the Dynamics of Domestic Violence,” FLES 2018, Corpus Christi.
- Co-Author, “Conveying Tedious Information with a Smile,” Advanced Family Law 2018.